Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Plan

So I have felt much like a human ping pong ball lately with my bead styles. I love so many different colors and combos and looks but unfortunately it is slowing reminding me of a crazy scrap quilt.

With this variable menagerie of beads I think that it is hard for jewelry designers and other artists to know if they would be able to get a duplicate style or design for future sets or collections. It is also hard for my followers to know what my true style is.

I have since studied some of the features that seem to make other bead artists successful and maintain sales. The one common denominator that I found in every case was 1 at the most 2 bead styles or signature beads that are offered. Now I have always been a believer that variety is the spice of life but in this case I think that where my beads are concerned I would do better having my 2 signature styles featured instead of my "crazy quilt" variety I have now.

Now my two series that I will be focusing on have always been my best sellers and are what I would truly love to be known for. So for the next 6 months I will be focusing my attention on these styles as well as a focal style that I have been designing.

The styles I am using for this 6 month trial are my Tesoro Beads and my Renaissance Garden Beads. Both beads reflect my natural, organic style while being elegant and unique. I have been excitedly sketching out layouts for sets and focals and even designing a few pieces of jewelry around certain pieces. I know this will be a time of reflection and personal growth and I thank each and every one of my clients for your support!

I am excited about this since I think that I will finally be able to measure my success as a bead designer and glass artist by these beads and leave my little piece of glass legacy behind.

I have decided to put my remaining bead creations on clearance so that I can make room for my "new" work. I hope to have my Etsy store, SunDoorBeads, updated and stocked in the next couple of weeks. I know that you will enjoy the sale and find some unique one-of-a-kind treasures to add to your bead collections!

Thank you again for your support and encouragement during this change!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment